Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

A Pleasant Surprise...

Thoughts of home have been at the forefront of my mind recently. I've been looking forward to little brother's wedding and have been making preparations for my return to school in Nottingham. I've had such a great time here in Australia but I know the dream can't last forever.

I was reminded recently of the fact that I should really be saving some money for all the various expenses involved in coming home. Up to this point the motivation to save was fuelled by the long list of sightseeing destinations on my list.

As I posted recently I’ve mainly been working at a child-care centre. It has been sooooo much fun but unfortunately doesn’t pay very well. So it was a nice surprise to get a phone call at the end of last week telling me that a school need me to work full time for the next five weeks! One of their staff has had to go help at another school and so there is a gap that needs to be filled. Perfect!

From a ‘pay’ point of view its fantastic, but it is a bit of a reality check- getting back into planning and assessment! I suppose it’s a step towards reality. The school is great and the staff have been so welcoming so hopefully the reality check wont be too bad.

Now I just have to go get my head around the Australian curriculum! Oh wait… THERE ISN’T ONE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. it's great to hear you have more work, amazing isn't it how you've managed to have work every time you've needed it. hope you enjoy your last australian school experience, i guess it will be nice to be able to get stuck in there, well done mr good!

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit