Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

A Busy Week...

I've spent a lot of time this week trying to get organised for coming home- booking flights and train tickets, trying to get everything in order before I arrive back in Nottingham.

It's been a fun week though. Last weekend Jared and Naomi organised a surprise "Goodbye" party for me. They did a great job keeping it secret and it was a big surprise! There were people there from work and from the families I've spent time with this year. We had a great laugh looking back over photos from my year and reminiscing about funny stories we've had along the way. I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm trying to track some down.

The next day we took the youth group from church up to the snow in the mountains. It had never occurred to me that Australia had snow! But I guess it makes sense, we were pretty high up. We had a great time tobogganing down the slopes and even tried to build an igloo (with limited success!). Again, no pics yet but I'm trying to get my hands on some. 
After that we headed off to Philip Island for a few days holidays. We stayed with Jared's grandparents, fed some pelicans and even saw some penguins! I know! Another thing you don't associate with Australia, but they're here! They have a mini version called 'Fairy Penguins'! They're only about 10cm tall and they're flippin' cute.

I got some pics of the pelicans and tried to get some sunset pictures too. 







1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos mate.

    Looking forward to catching up when you're back In Notts, do you know the date yet?

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit