Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

So It Continues...

In an effort to get another star-trail shot, I've left my camera standing out in a cow field tonight. I've come back home (to the warmth) while it stands out there taking continuous photos for the next hour or so. It's winter over here in Oz and the temp is definitely dropping, so this is a much easier way to do things.

Now I just have to sit here and hope that no gust of wind (or cow!) interrupts my shot!
I'll post the photo later.


***
As promised:

This is a composite of 128 separate photos, each 30 secs long. It's not perfect, I guess my technique still needs some tweaking, but I'll get there!! :o)

I got a right fright when I went back to get my camera and saw a cow twenty feet away. the end result would have looked funny with a cow standing in 128 different positions in the field.

4 comments:

  1. nice- how did you merge/overlay your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey broseph! Good to hear from you.

    I use Photoshop and an action from:
    http://www.schursastrophotography.com/software/photoshop/startrails.html

    Apparently you can also use a program from:
    http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit