Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Carols In The Park...

Glad to hear that the snow is clearing back home and that life is returning to normal for most people. I'm not sure if it's going to be a white Christmas over there in the UK but it certainly sounds like winter has truly arrived.

It feels so odd to be preparing for Christmas without the cold, dark nights setting in. Correction, it feels downright wrong! But Christmas approaches never-the-less and people here are laughing at me as I try to get my head around the idea of snowmen decorations in the summer holidays. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that's odd! :o)

To try and get in the mood I went to sing Christmas carols in the park the other night. I was supposed to be there with our church group. I was going to be maning a spotlight from up in a cherry picker, but alas, the rain that had fallen through the day had pretty much wiped out 75% of the electronics they were using. After checking over the lighting equipment it was decided that I wasn't needed. This suited me down to the ground 'cos the whole experience was beginning to weird me out. I honestly couldn't hack it and ended up leaving early! Ha! "Way to jump in and try a new experience Pete!" I hear you say.

I'm sticking to my guns- it was wrong, you hear me. WRONG! 
That lens flare makes it look a lot sunnier than it was, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit