Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Holidays Have Arrived...

Schools here don't officially finish until this Friday, but the chances of teachers being off this week (and hence me working) are almost zero. So I think it's safe to assume that my holidays have begun.

To celebrated by buying a copy of Bill Bryson's 'Down Under'. A few people back home had recommended it to me (thanks Tomkiss) and since arriving I've had roughly 900 people encourage me to read it. I'm 150 pages in and so far it's brilliant.

Now that I'm 'free' from work for a while I've been enjoying exploring. Generally I hop on the tram and go and find a coffee shop where I can sit and read for a while. I only leave when the need to go find another coffee shop arrises.


 Today I headed into the city on another (rainy) adventure. I wandered aimlessly around the city giving myself a running commentary as I imagine Bill Bryson would. (What a nerd!) You can look forward to the release of my memoires some time in the next 80 years. :o)

Many touristy postcards display images from a street caller Hosier Lane in the city. It's famous for being covered in graffiti, so I decided to go see and hopefully get some pics for myself. I took loads of pics, but you can see a sample on the photos page. 

2 comments:

  1. Thought I should add a comment as noone has for ages. Wouldn't want you to think noones bothered! So there we are - job done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, and thanks too for your e-mail! A reply will follow soon.

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit