Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Australia Day...

I awoke this morning bruised and aching. Don't worry, I wasn't the victim of any attack, all of my wounds are self inflicted.

Every year on January 26th, Ozians celebrate Australia Day. It's a day that everyone gets together to celebrate all the great things about being Australian- namely sitting in the sun, eating lamb (?) and getting out on the water for some form of aquatic activity.


I arrived in Gold Coast just hours before loading everything up and driving two hours inland to an Australia Day hotspot called Moogerah Lake (attractive name!). It was a day full of boat rides, wake boarding, doughnut riding, swimming, rock diving and of course BBQs.

Again I found myself in the odd position of being surrounded by people I didn't know. It's seems to be a theme of my trip that I'll meet someone who invites me to meet a group of their friends where, in turn, I meet someone who invites me to meet a group of their friends... and the cycle continues. It's been great!

So after a day's activities on the lake, it's no wonder I'm a little stiff and sore today. But it was worth it!

(More photos to follow when I have something better than this Macy D's connection.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Reminds me of summers in the mountains in the Northwest. Washington State that is, not Derry!

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit