Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy New Year...

Happy New Year to all! Hope that you're beginning to thaw out and that all the bumps and bruises from slipping on the ice are beginning to heal!

You'll all be happy to hear that this is turning out to be one of the coldest summers Australians have seen in years! So you're not missing out on much. Can you believe that we've only had ONE day where temperatures rose above 40 degrees. :o)


I spent New Year's eve on another camping trip, this time at Cape Otway (a gorgeous part of Victoria on The Great Ocean Road). The folks I spent Christmas with have a hut/cabin near the beach and invited me along to see in the new year.

The first and most important piece of news is that I saw my first koala! In fact I ended up seeing about 100 of them- they were everywhere!


We had a great time hanging out at the beach, eating spit-roasted beef on the bbq, horse riding, spotting the local wildlife and seeing tourist attractions.

Now I'm back in Melbourne trying to find a job so I can keep earning some cash over the summer weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. we're loving seeing your very nice photos&hearing the news, wow free ashes tickets!! the koalas look very cute-are they anything like the baboons here that steal food unless securely locked away?
    thinking of you matey, a&l

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit