Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

A Weekend Away...

My job description seems to be changing a lot these days. I didn't think I'd ever be applying for a job in an aquarium! (No word on that yet.) Today I became an 'Italian' teacher, and this past weekend I was full-time nanny for 11 kids.


I spent the weekend at a camp centre about an hour away for the O.M. (Operation Mobilisation) National Conference Australia. Someone at church knew I was a teacher and asked if I was free to look after the kids of the families who were coming to the conference. I don't know much about O.M. except that I've heard of the Logos and the Doulos, but I thought it's be fun to go along.

The camp centre was beautiful and had a 150 METRE water slide, a massive, zip-line, canoeing, climbing etc. etc. The kids were great fun and we had a blast while all the 'adults' did their boring 'adult stuff'. Fun fun.

Tomorrow it's back for more Italian teaching! Yikes! Do you think I can just get away with shouting "CIAO BELLA!" at the kids every time they ask a question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit