Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Arrived In NZ...


After a long sleepless night in Sydney Airport and a battle with public transport, I finally made it to my first destination in New Zealand- Hamilton. I've been staying with Pip, a friend from back in my uni days.

Hamilton is a quiet town that's not really a major tourist destination. That said, I did go see their tourist hot-spots: The Mormon Temple (!) and the Hamilton Gardens. It might sound a bit naff, but I've had fun catching up with Pip and hanging out with her housemates. Yesterday we went surfing in the afternoon after church, then went to see a symphony in the park. It was great!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to travel over to Gisborne where I might be able to pick up a car from a friend that I'll be abel to use for the rest of my trip. I just have to make sure it's roadworthy! I'm really excited about the prospect of having the freedom to drive anywhere and everywhere without having to rely on tour buses and public transport. I have a long to-do list and having a car will make it so much easier to tick everything off.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit