Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

Fluid Plans....

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out to borrow my friend's car like I'd hoped. That means I'm on buses during my time here. No bid problem, but the car would have been nice.

I arrived in Taupo today. It seems like a great town but I only came here for one reason- to do the Tongariro Crossing. This is a day long hike that is supposed to be STUNNING. But I got here and was told that the weather is too bad and that the walk is closed today and tomorrow. I had planned on doing it tomorrow and then moving on to Rotorua the next day.

So now I'm in a bit of a fix. Do I stay and see if it clears up by Thursday? Or do I cut my loses and move on? I'm gonna wait and see what they say tomorrow. If it's still closed on Thursday then I think I'm gonna leave it and head on to Rotorua. I'll be pretty gutted if that happens. Soooooo many people have mentioned this walk to me. It would be a bummer to miss it.

Mmmm....

2 comments:

  1. http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni&noofdays=3

    You should be good on Thursday.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Rotarua, there are a few things to do- Zorbing/Aqua Zorbing, skyline (i think that was the name) Thermal Baths, visit maori village- tewhakarewarewatangaoteopetauaawahiao (or whaka as they call it). That was about the height of what we did there.

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit