Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Relocation Relocation Relocation...

Yesterday I set off on the 1,000 kilometre drive from Brisbane to Sydney. I was sorry to be leaving the Gold Coast but excited about the journey ahead.

To be honest, there wasn’t much to see for the first 500km. I thrashed out the drive to Coff’s Harbour (the half way point) in about 5 hours. I got there in time to have a brief look around the harbour and see a nice sunset, then it was time to hunt for a place to sleep. I had heard that the police don’t take kindly to people camping at the side of the road but had no intentions of paying for a campsite. So I drove around for a while looking for a secluded back street. Eventually I found the perfect spot and was bedding down for the night when I had a sudden realisation…. Inside the campervan was like an oven! Seriously, after climbing into the back I was sweating! And I’m not just talking about a few little beads; I mean I had sweat running down my back like I’d just been working out! It was horrible. I just sat on my bead wondering how on earth I was gonna get any sleep. I tried opening the door and that helped a bit, but it was no time before the mozzys arrived. I sprayed myself with military grade bug-spray but that made my skin burn so only made the situation worse! I turned on the A/C for a while but was worried about the battery dying. Ugh…

In the end I just decided to sweat it out! (pun fully intended!) In the morning I had to settle for a wash in the sink of a disabled public toilet before getting back on the road.

I’m not making this drive sound too appealing, am I? :o) Thankfully the radio was playing a string of classic ‘driving’ tunes in preparation for the arrival of the Top Gear boys. So I whacked up the volume and chugged my way on down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit