Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Fishing On The Gold Coast....

On Friday night we took a short boat trip out to Twinnie- a friend's larger boat that would be our bed for the night. Thanks to the clowns in the boat next door having an all night party, we didn't get to sleep until 1am. That wouldn't have mattered too much except our alarms were set for 4:30am.

We left Twinnie just before sunrise and headed out to see on two smaller speedboats. It was amazing to get views of the city from the water as the sun rose.

We put out our lines and within five minutes one of the guys on our boat (Dave) had a bite. He was working hard to reel it in and he called to me to get the net so I could scoop the fish into the boat when the time came. As he got the fish closer to the boat he could see that it was a Spanish Mackerel. (This meant nothing to me but apparently he's been wanting to catch one for ages!) It was really exciting as this huge fish (probably the leg of my arm) was trashing about next to the boat. The only problem arose when it came time for me to help. I guess I panicked a bit because rather than scoop up the fish into the boat I whacked it in the head with the net, knocking it off the line and losing it!

It was right on the side of the boat and then an instant later it was gone! Ouch. Let's just say, Dave was not too impressed. Man did I feel like an idiot. The picture below is Dave before the dreaded incident, obviously looking a bit more calm as the sun rose on the horizon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit