Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

Birthday Greetings...

Ok so I'm a day late... sorry! It's been a bit more tricky to get internet access than I thought, but I think we're getting wifi next week so that should help.

I've had a few days in Australia now and I think the jet-lag is finally beginning to lift. It's been a time of running around trying to get stuff in place for work- new mobile phone and number, tax file number, looking for accommodation, visitng schools etc.

So far so good. The only hard part has been staying awake!

The folks I'm staying with have been fantastic. Driving me around all over the city and answering all my myriad of questions. They cooked a big birthday meal for me yesterday of roast lamb followed by mud cake! Delish! Thay have been so welcoming and friendly, I really dont know what I would do without them.

The only problem is that we're a bit too far outside the city. If I'm going to get supply work I need to be closer to the action (and closer to public transport). We've been to look at some places and are going back tomorrow to meet possible housemates. All very exciting! Just pray I don't move in with some psychopath and I'll be fine!

Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Am on my knees as I type praying about the psychopath thing!!! I would rather you wait awhile to be sure who these people are before moving in too quickly. Can't wait for our next chat. Love you. Mum

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit