Pages

Saturday 25 September 2010

Footy Fever Sweeps Melbourne!

So it turns out I'm an Aussie Rules fanatic! 


The only problem is that I've joined the action right at the end of the season. Today was Grand Final day so we headed out to some friends to all watch the game together. I spent the whole game with people either side explaining what was going on! It was really close and ended up being a draw, which in Aussie Rules is almost unheard of. Fortunately these Aussies have never heard of the concept of 'extra time', so the match is gonna be replayed next weekend- MORE FOOTY FOR MEEEEEEEE! 


The build-up to today's game started yesterday with a big parade in the city. I took the train in to see what all the fuss was about. (Click the photos tab to see some piccies) I can't believe how big this sport is here! There were thousands of people out in the streets. All the roads closed and the footy players were driven past in cars. Everyone was yelping and screaming and here's this pasty Irishman looking around wondering what the heck was going on. :o) 


I'm getting into it though. A few days ago I went to the footy ground of the Essendon Bombers (sorry Matt and Tracey). I got a tour of the Hall of Fame from a friend who's a big fan- Margi. (She's 70 and has a nickname! What's up with that!) At the end I even got a free hat and scarf!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAAAAAA! Pics on the next page. 

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you've really upset me. I grew up in Strathmore so went to school with mostly Bombers fans, who gave me a pretty hard time about being a Dog. That's just brought it all flooding back. How could you?

    Only joking.

    Seriously though, Bombers suck.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??!!??

    GO BOMBERS!!!

    William has been wearing his "Baby Pies" beanie over his ears all weekend (cos its gone bbbrrr chilly here) without understanding the significance of said fashion accessory.

    We will have to ensure its on show next weekend too.

    GO PIES!

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit