Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

A Wee Day Out...

Back home a number of people told me that a visit to St Kilda was a must once I get to Melbourne. So today Trish (see earlier post) and I took the tram to St Kilda beach.

St Kilda is a suburb just 10 mins on the tram from the city centre. It's kinda the bohemian quarter- streets of coffee shops briefly interrupted by bars. And its by the beach! Perfect!

We had a great time looking around, drinking coffee and eating ice-cream. See photo tab for more. I've now been here for two weeks and have taken roughly 600 pictures. So I'm trying to cut away the chaff before uploading! I would love to try and find accommodation here but, having looked at some rental posters, the rent per week is about what I'd pay per month back home. Ah well.... Plenty more visits will have to suffice. 

Note to self: Australians have no idea what a 'black Americano' is. The woman in the coffee shop looked at me like I was a complete racist! Apparently a black coffee over here is a 'long black'. Whatever...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you getting on well!
    You should visit Fiji when you there. Not too far away.
    Love
    Mull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your making use of your new camera Pete!

    Flat Whites are pretty big over there arent they?

    Aston

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit