Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

She's A Gold Digga...

Yesterday was Steve's (See earlier post) birthday so we all headed off to Sovereign Hill in Balarat. This is an old gold mining town from the time of the gold rush in the 1700's.

We spent the day having a tour of the old caves, looking around the village and panning for gold. Melbourne has proven to live up to its reputation- four seasons in one day! Rain one minute, sunshine the next. I have to take my coat off as soon as I've zipped it up!

It was a great day. We had a lot of fun and found 'tonnes' of gold! I guess its a place that local kids go to on a school trip, but it was all new to me. It's strange to be learning about the history of a country that is as old as our house back in Ireland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit