Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2010

The stopover...

Two days in Hong Kong have flown by, but I've tried to cram some sightseeing in before I fly on to Melbourne tomorrow morning.

Ann- My tour guide
Day one: Arrived early and crashed as soon as I got to my guesthouse. Then it was on to meet Ann, a friend (thanks to Phil) who lives here. We had a great time- eating noodle soup with red vinegar, going up the world's longest escalator, taking the old tram up to the peak overlooking the city, visiting an 'ice bar' (fur coat much needed) and then running just to see my last ferry home pull away as we got to the dock! (Don't worry, the underground was still running.)

Day two:
Up early (9am!) to get the ferry over to Lantau Island. After some noodles for lunch at the port it was just a short ride to Po Lin Monastery- the home of The Big Buddha! And big he is- 250 tonnes! (see photos on the next tab) Got the bus over to Tung Chung before a train ride back home. Ann and I went out for (you guessed it) noodles tonight. I planned on coming home to get an early night before tomorrow's flight but my body clock is all over the place. So I'll sit here and write to you instead! 

6 comments:

  1. I feel I should comment as no one else is probably reading this shizzle

    Owen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is the fanciest blog Ive ever seen!! Go Pete!! Such exciting times for you. Will enjoy seeing all you are at over the next year though not happy we wont be seeing you at Christmas! Enjoy enjoy enjoy. Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great start to the trip buddy. Have a safe flight to Melbourne, speak soon. Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Your body clock seems to be taking a serious battering Pete! Nice to see you are making use of your shiny new camera :)

    Aston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to talk for so long today. Sounds like you are in a good place, in more ways than one. So glad! Will be praying for the ol' body clock. All those years ago when I left to go to England, there were no such things as blogs, emails and texts. Yes, back in the dark ages!! A letter took 10 days and phone calls were too expensive. So we should feel blessed to have such quick access. Take care, darlin'. Mum

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit