Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Arriving In Tasmania...

So just as I gear myself up for working, I find myself in Tasmania!

It is GORGEOUS here and the fact that I'm here for free is mind boggling. I've uploaded some pics of the house I'm staying in, the view of the harbour and the animals I'm here to look after (apart from the cats- they're elusive little fellas).

I went to the tourist office the other day and picked up approx 500 leaflets about stuff to do while I'm here. There's no way I'll get to see everything, but I'll give it a darn good shot!

Yesterday I took a walk around Hobart and mainly spent the day drinking coffee (it's a tough life). I went to the museum and to a number of galleries, I met a Scot who owns a fantastic little second-hand bookshop. The books we stacked form floor to ceiling! I'm gonna have to go back a get a picture of it. :o)

The weather here changes almost as quickly as in Melbourne so it's difficult to plan what to do. There are some fab views from the top of the mountain (I went last night but forgot to bring my camera) but only when the weather is clear. I just keep looking out the window....waiting. It the sky looks clear then I'm ready to dash out the door! But to be honest, the house here is so nice it's tempting to just flop into the bath and chill out.

As expected my phone has been ringing with schools back in Melbourne looking for me. Ugh... I have to force myself not to dwell too much on that. I must remind myself that I'm only here for a year and I have to make the most of it. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit