Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Work Work Work...

Today I had my first days work since I got here! It's been a long summer!

Last week I travelled around lots of schools in the area handing in my CV. I wasn't expecting much but I've already had five phone calls. This morning I had given up waiting for a call when my phone rang at 9am asking if I was available today. YES!

I was at a school called Preshill. This is a 'progressive' school and nothing like my teaching experience. It's noisy, chaotic and unstructured! The kids don't raise their hand to speak, they just shout out until they're heard! They don't sit at a desk to write, they can sit where they like- even outside by themselves! Like I said...different.

That said, they were all lovely people and I had a good day. I'm booked in to go back on Thursday. Yipee! More chaos!

The bad news is that just as I hand out my CVs I'm heading off to Tazzy! (See post below) So a number of schools have phoned me asking me to work while I'm away!! Such bad timing! If I'd known I was going to Tasmania I would never have given out my contact details. It would have made much more sense to just wait until I come home. But who's gonna turn down a free trip to Tasmania?

4 comments:

  1. Just say you are booked up for the next 2 weeks...at least that way it doesnt look like you are a lazy sponger!

    love you

    owen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!
    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my boy! Talk about landing on your feet! I like Owens advice, to just sorry you are booked for two weeks. You don't want to put them off. Have a ball and BUY SOME WELLIES. Snakes and such....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pete sounds like everything is going well for you. I hope you enjoy the trip to Tazmania and have plenty of 'gainful employment' on your return!

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit