Pages

Saturday 23 October 2010

Walking On Sunshine (Almost)...

Today I took a drive along the Huon Valley to a forest south west of Hobart. The drive was gorgeous. Water to my left, apple orchards and vineyards to my right. It felt a lot like Ireland, only sunny! :o)

The forest itself is made up of some of the tallest trees in the world (apparently) and while thats something new to see, it's not the reason I went. This particular forest has an 'Air Walk'- a walkway suspended 40 metres above ground level amidst the tops of the trees. Though the weather wasn't perfect, there were still some stunning views. The sun did come out for the second half of the afternoon and on the drive home I stopped at lots of spots to take some extra pics.

At the forest I took a two hour walk the was made up of the air walk, two swinging bridges and lots of forest paths. At one point the air walk reaches out on a cantilever which wobbled with every step you took. Let me tell you, that high up.... I was pooping my pants!

Some of the pics (see tab above) are obviously of the forest. The ones that seem out of place are the shots I took on the drive home. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this. Specially the two hour walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mainly impressed by your correct use of the term cantilever..

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit